If you wish to marry a U.S. citizen in the United States and take up indefinite residence after marriage, you will require a fiancé(e) visa. You are eligible to apply for a fiancé(e) visa if:

  • You and your fiancé(e) are both legally free to marry; and
  • You will marry within 90 days of entering the United States on the fiancé(e) visa.

If you meet the criteria for a fiancé visa, your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is required to file a petition form I-129F on your behalf with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Please Note: If you do not intend to take up residence in the United States after the marriage ceremony, you should apply for a B-2 visa.