How to Apply

The first step in obtaining a K-1 visa is for your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) to file a Form I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)) by mail with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).  Once your fiancé(e) has filed a petition for you, you may check its status by accessing the USCIS Case Status Search Page.

USCIS forwards the approved petition to the Department of State’s National Visa Center, which then sends it to the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy in Muscat.  The Embassy will then send our instructions for K-1/K-2 applicants.

Please follow the instructions exactly.  Failure to do so could result in a delay in your case and could even cause you to lose your chance to live and work in the United States.