Contact Us

Our Post experiences a high volume of visa inquiries, and our response time may be delayed. All correspondence and requests will be processed in the order they are received – routine questions will have a response within 5 business days of receipt. We will not respond to duplicate case inquiries .  Please refrain from sending multiple requests or follow-ups as it will only slow down our response time.

U.S. Embassy Muscat has resumed immigrant and non-immigrant appointments. Routine Interview Waiver visa cases resumed on August 10, 2020.

Non-immigrant applicants may check the visa appointment website for current visa categories and to schedule appointments.

Immigrant applicants are scheduled in the order received from the National Visa Center.

If you experience COVID-19 symptoms or are in close contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms, then DO NOT COME TO YOUR INTERVIEW. You must reschedule your appointment. Applicants exhibiting physical symptoms of COVID-19 may be asked to leave for the safety of other applicants and Consular staff.

  • How can I schedule a visa interview? Appointments are scheduled based on the order received from the National Visa Center and you will be notified of your appointment when we reach your case in the queue.
  • How can I check my IV Case Status?  We are unable to provide routine or recurring case status updates outside of the online tracking system, available at  If you submitted documentation that was requested to continue processing your case, please allow 30 days prior to emailing for a status update if your status has not changed. Otherwise, we will contact you directly if we need additional information.
  • What if my K fiancé(e) visa petition expired?  The Embassy is processing K fiancé(e) visa applications. If your fiancé(e) petition has expired, a consular officer will determine whether it can be revalidated when your interview is scheduled.  Do not contact our office now about rescheduling your interview, expiration of the petition, or a medical exam.
  • Whom do I need to contact regarding my medical examination? Do not schedule a medical exam unless you are scheduled for your visa interview.  Otherwise, your exam results may expire prior to your interview.  Medical examinations that have expired must be completed again at a fee to the applicant. Visa appointments cannot be expedited due to the expiration of medical examinations.
  • What do I do if I cannot get documents that are required for my case?  We understand some applicants may be unable to obtain required documents or send them to the Embassy at this time.  We are unable to waive documentary requirements.  If your case will pass the one-year time limit to provide needed documentation, please contact us to alert our office that your case is going to expire and to explain the reason for the difficulty  in obtaining required documents.  If you receive a letter from the Embassy stating that your case will be terminated, please follow the instructions in that letter if you wish to reinstate your case.  Otherwise, please upload the documents to your case or submit them via the inquiry link below.
  • Can I extend the validity of my expiring visa?  Unfortunately, we cannot extend the validity of visas.  However, in some cases we can replace an expired immigrant visa if an applicant was not able to use the visa due to circumstances beyond his/her control and all eligibility requirements continue to be met.  Please use the inquiry form below to notify our office if you were unable to travel on an immigrant visa for reasons beyond your control.
  • I am a Lawful Permanent Resident, and I am unable to go back to the United States, what should I do?  In certain cases, permanent residents who have been unable to return to the United States for one year for reasons beyond their control may apply for a returning resident (SB-1) visa.  The eligibility for this visa can only be determined by a consular officer after interviewing the applicant. To schedule an interview an SB-1, please use the inquiry form below to request an appointment,.
  • How can I contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)?   All public inquiries should be directed to the USCIS contact center at
  • Is the Embassy processing tourist (B1/B2) visas?  The U.S. Embassy Muscat provides nonimmigrant B1/B2 (business/tourist) visa interview appointments. Instructions on how to apply as well as appointment availability can be found at
  • Can I renew my U.S. visa without attending a visa interview?  An individual may qualify for interview waiver if he/she is able to meet all of the eligibility requirements detailed on our website,  If an applicant does not meet all of the interview waiver requirements, then he/she would have to schedule a visa interview appointment, as detailed on our website,
  • How can I check my NIV case status?  We are unable to provide routine or recurring case status updates outside of the online tracking system, available at If you submitted additional documentation after being refused under Immigration and Nationality Act Section 221(g), please allow a minimum of 30 days prior to emailing for a status update if you notice the CEAC status has not changed. We will contact you directly if we need additional information.
  • I am not normally resident in Oman – may I apply for a visa at U.S. Embassy Muscat? We are able to accept applications from individuals who are in Oman temporarily, however applicants who reside outside of Oman have the best chance for visa issuance applying in their home country. Iranian citizens living outside of Iran should apply for nonimmigrant visas in their country of residence. In general, applicants residing in Iran may travel to and apply at any U.S. embassy or consulate that processes nonimmigrant visas. U.S. Embassy Ankara, U.S. Embassy Yerevan, and U.S. Consulate General Dubai are staffed with Farsi-speaking consular officers who are most familiar with Iranian applicants and country conditions. Applicants should always check the website of the embassy or consulate at which they plan to apply for restrictions on third-country applicants or other post-specific policies.
  • Is my child (age 0-13) allowed to attend the nonimmigrant visa interview?
    Effective Monday, January 24, 2022, children ages 0-13 years of age will not be permitted entry to the US Embassy for a nonimmigrant visa interview for the period of two weeks. The Consular Officer does not need to interview your children for their visa. Parents can hand carry each applicant child’s passport, 5 x 5 cm new photo, visa payment receipt, and DS-160 sheet with them for the interview. Single parents or families needing special accommodation in regards to this restriction may contact the consular section via the embassy webform.

If your visa concern or question was not answered by the information listed above, please submit a detailed inquiry request by completing our online inquiry form at:

Privacy Act Statement

AUTHORITIES: The information on this form is requested pursuant to U.S. Department of State authorities providing for consular and emergency assistance, including the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations and 22 U.S.C. § 3904 (Functions of Service); 22 U.S.C. 211a (Authority to grant, issue and verify passports); 8 U.S.C. 1104 (Powers and duties of Secretary of State; 22 U.S.C. § 2671 (Emergency Expenditures); 22 U.S. Code § 4215 (Notarial acts, oaths, affirmations, affidavits, and depositions; fees); 22 U.S. Code § 4221 (Depositions and notarial acts; perjury).

PURPOSE: The information solicited on this form will be used to request consular services.

ROUTINE USE: This information may be disclosed to another domestic government agency, a private contractor, a foreign government agency, or to a private person or private employer in accordance with certain approved routine uses. These routine uses include, but are not limited to, law enforcement activities, employment verification, fraud prevention, border security, counterterrorism, litigation activities, and activities that meet the Secretary of State’s responsibility to protect U.S. citizens and non-citizen nationals abroad. More information on the Routine Uses for the system can be found in System of Records Notices State-05, Overseas Citizen Services Records other Overseas Records, and State-26, Passport Records.

DISCLOSURE: Providing this information is voluntary. Failure to provide all the information requested on this form may result in the individual and/or authorized representative’s inability to obtain relevant information regarding a consular service request.