Deputy Chief of Mission Junaid Munir underscored the potential of the U.S.-Oman Free Trade Agreement to boost two-way trade and investment ties in his opening remarks at the U.S.-Oman Virtual Infrastructure Summit webinar for U.S. businesses, trade associations, and local stakeholders on June 21. Senior officials from Oman’s Ministry of Commerce, Industry, and Investment Promotion, Public Authority for Special Economic Zones and Free Zones, and the ports of Salalah, Duqm, and Sohar presented on infrastructure developments and commercial opportunities in Oman, and stressed their readiness to partner with U.S. companies.
- Nasima Al Balushi, Director General, Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Investment Promotion (MoCIIP)
- Sunil Joseph, Chief Commercial Officer, Port of Salalah
- Mohammed Ali Ghazi, Business Development Strategist, Port of Duqm
- Omar Mahmood Al Mahrizi, CEO, Sohar Freezone and DCEO, Sohar Port
- Amna Nasser Al-Sharji, Senior Business Development Specialist, Public Authority for Special Economic Zones and Free Zones (OPAZ)