U.S. Ambassador to the Sultanate of Oman Leslie M. Tsou underscored the potential of Oman’s ports and aviation industries to contribute to the country’s GDP and bilateral trade in her opening remarks at a June 24 webinar for U.S. businesses, trade associations, and local stakeholders. Top officials from Oman’s Public Authority for Investment Promotion & Export Development (Ithraa), Oman Aviation Group, and the three main ports and free zones of Salalah, Duqm, and Sohar presented on opportunities for U.S. businesses. The presenters stressed their readiness to partner with U.S. companies on multi-modal transportation system plans in the logistics sector.
For more information, check out the individual speaker presentations from the webinar:
- Azzan Al-Busaidi, CEO, Public Authority for Investment Promotion & Export Development (Ithraa)
- Mustafa Al-Hinai, CEO, Oman Aviation Group;
- Mark Hardiman, CEO, Port of Salalah;
- Robert Bartstra, Executive Commercial Manager, Sohar Port & Freezone; and
- Saleh Alhasani Director General of Investor Services, SEZAD