Emergency Financial Assistance

Transferring Funds

If you lose your money and/or other financial resources, or are robbed, the Embassy can help you contact your family, bank, or employer to arrange for them to send funds to you. Western Union is also available in Oman. Cash recipients must bring photo identification in order to collect money from Western Union, or other locations in Oman. If your identification was also lost or stolen and you don’t have a copy with you, please contact us for assistance.

Another method is to transfer funds to you from the United States is through a service provided directly by the State Department. To transfer funds through the State Department, please visit the State Department Travel Website for instructions and guidance.