To contact the Royal Oman Police to report a crime, dial 9999 from inside Oman.
Being the victim of a crime in a foreign country can be traumatic. While crime rates in Oman are low, the U.S. Embassy in Muscat is ready to help U.S. citizens in need. We will assist you in managing the practical consequences of being a crime victim and provide you with information about accessing the local criminal justice system, as well as other resources for crime victims abroad and the United States.
We can assist you to find appropriate medical care, contact family or friends on your behalf, and explain how funds can be transferred. Please review the list below for consular services the Embassy can provide in the event of a crime.
What We Can Do for Victims of Crime
- Help you replace a lost/stolen passport.
- Help you find appropriate medical care if you are injured.
- Assist you with emergency needs that arise as a result of the crime, such as finding shelter, food, or clothing.
- Help you contact your family, friends, or employer, if you wish.
- Explain how and where you can report the crime to local law enforcement officials.
- Provide you with general information about the criminal justice process in Oman
- Provide you with a list of attorneys practicing in Oman.
What We Cannot Do
- Provide legal advice or represent you in court.
- Pay legal fees or other expenses for you.
- Request preferential treatment for U.S. citizens during legal proceedings in the Sultanate of Oman.