Child’s First U.S. Passport and Social Security

  1. Adoption in Oman
  2. Consular Report of Birth Abroad
  3. Apply for CRBA
  4. Child’s First U.S. Passport and Social Security

Parents are also encouraged to apply for their child’s first U.S. passport at the same time as applying for their CRBA. You do not need separate appointments. Click here for more information on applying for a child’s passport

If you reside in Oman and have questions regarding services provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA), you must contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located in Rome.  For more information on their services and how to contact them, please visit their webpage at:  You can also send an email to:

For comprehensive information on SSA’s services abroad, please visit SSA’s webpage Service Around the World.

If you are already receiving SSA benefits payments, there will be no change in the method of distribution of those payments.