Omani Cultural and Scientific Cooperation Program
Through the Omani Cultural and Scientific Cooperation Program, the Omani Ministry of Higher Education will offer one tuition-free scholarship to an American student for the 2018-2019 academic year to study in a private or public higher education institution in the Sultanate of Oman.
We will consider both resident and non-resident Americans for this scholarship opportunity.
If the selected student is resident in the Sultanate already, in addition to tuition, the student will receive also free medical care (except for dental care or medical care resulting from road accidents involving uninsured vehicles or driving without a driving license).
A non-resident student will also receive 200 OMR as a monthly stipend, round trip airfare to the United States once a year, and free medical treatment in Omani government hospitals (with the same exceptions as mentioned above).
Applicants must be no more than 25 years old as of October 1, 2018, to qualify for this opportunity.
- Administrative studies and IT
- Linguistics and literature
The recipient cannot use the scholarship toward study in medical fields, and a student cannot change his/her field of study or college once selected. The recipient will begin study in the second semester of the 2018-2019 academic year.
To apply, please submit the following documents in an email to MuscatPAS@state.gov. The deadline for receiving applications is October 18, 2018.
- Concise (approximately 500-1,000 words) essay explaining why you want to study in Oman.
- Certified secondary school certificate (high school diploma)*
- Certificate of good conduct from your secondary school
- Copy of bio page of U.S. passport
- Resident card, if applicable
* Secondary school certificates issued outside Oman must be certified as equal by the Omani Ministry of Education