Event: On March 19, 2020, the Oman Ministry of Health announced 48 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the country.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Starting Friday, March 20, the Omani authorities will bar all travelers from entering Oman through air, land, and sea borders except Omani citizens.
The government of Oman has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Oman.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Please check the Government of Oman Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 page for more information.
- U.S. Embassy Muscat, Oman
Jamiat A’Duwal Al Arabiya Street,
Al Khuwair Area (Shatti Al-Qurum), Muscat
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Oman Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter